Sunday, June 21, 2009

It's 2 A.M and I'm still awake

It's 2 a.m. in the morning and I once again can't sleep. Why you might ask? Well it all started about a week ago. Last Sunday I woke up at about 6 in the morning with the beginnings of what I thought was a cold-scratchy sore throat. I spent all day in bed trying my best to feel better with no such luck. I still went to work for most of the week. They were giving me a farewell lunch on Wednesday so I was trying my best to stay well for that. By Wednesday afternoon however I was feeling worse than ever yet thought maybe I was also getting over my symptoms. The congestion seemed like it was going away and the sinus drainage had started. By Thursday morning I woke up feeling like I had gotten hit by a Mac truck (not the dog mind you, literally a Mac Truck!) I stayed home reluctantly since I had started running a fever. I went to the doctor on Friday and she said it had turned into Bronchitis. I came home, fell right into bed and wanted to die! I took the cough medicine she had prescribed, but the codeine seemed to only keep me awake longer than I wanted and I finally fell asleep around 1 a.m. last night.

That brings me to today. I spent all day in bed while my loving husband did as much as he could to clean the house before Delaney and Leslie arrive on Monday. I decided to take a bigger dose of the cough medicine around 1 p.m. and it decided to really set in around 4 p.m. not really good timing since Dan was just getting back from the store getting dropping Mac off at the groomer's, getting Father's day stuff for dad tomorrow and more juice for me. It was at this time he decided to fix the closet door frame...thanks honey! So while I tried to sleep then and get over the heaviness left from the codeine, it never happened. I did however take some Excedrin which seemed to help tremendously. It helped so well that most of my symptoms seemed to start disappearing around 8 p.m. That should be a good thing except now I am wide awake and for the second night in a row unable to sleep. Macintosh is trying to sleep right next to me as well but also seems restless. His breathing seems a bit odd since he came home from the salon (he went to get a good bath and summer haircut today). He seems to be settling down now though and hopefully whatever was in his nose or throat making him breathe funny is now gone. My cough seems to be coming back though. I am going to take some cough medicine again and hopefully it's the right dose to send me off to dreamland rather than keeping me awake much longer.

No comments: