Monday, May 17, 2010

Our first scare in the pregnancy

Last night I started to experience some bleeding. I have heard this is normal some during the first trimester, however it doesn't help the already paranoid mother-to-be to see it when it happens. Daniel made me some chamomile tea as he had heard that was safe for pregnancy and helped calm the nerves. I'm not quite sure it did though! This morning I called the doctor's office right away and talked with my provider. Joy said that everything should be fine and to just take it easy. She also said I could come in for labs just to double check on everything to help relax my nerves. Of course I took her up on her offer. The labs came back just fine though so now I just have to relax and keep my hopes up for a healthy and safe pregnancy. I think once I have that first ultrasound I will feel much better as to how things are progressing. My biggest worry right now is that I might have pushed things too much this weekend or last night with my other medical procedure that I have to do on a regular basis. I can't help but think that if I were to miscarry that it is going to be my fault. I know it wouldn't be, but I think that is something every expecting mom goes through especially those that do have a miscarriage.

No comments: